Saturday, February 7, 2015

About Me

My name is Amanda Lasser and I'm a UX Designer. I've been in the industry for about 7 years. I have experience in everything from working at boutique design firms, large and small advertising agencies as well as corporate agencies.

I've designed for both print and web, and when I started out I always imagined myself working at a magazine designing the layouts.

Prior to transitioning to User Experience (UX) Design and joining BlueMetal, I worked at Macys.com as an Interactive Designer and was responsible for the design of various sitelets, tablet, and mobile apps for all of Macy's corporate campaigns and special events.

Before all of this, I did my undergrad at Michigan State University and received a BFA in Graphic Design. Upon graduating I moved to Chicago and worked for a year before moving to London to continue my education at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. While living in London I was able to intern at 2 different magazines which is where my love for typography began.

After London I moved to New York where I got my Master's in Communication Design from Pratt Institute and I've been living and working here ever since. While working professionally, I have always been involved with continuing education, and along the way I discovered User Experience Design and it was love at first sight!! After that I did everything in my power to learn everything I could so that I could make the transition.

And here we are today...




No comments:

Post a Comment